Santa Cruz New Mexico History
Santa Cruz County is located in the western United States, on the border with Mexico and is the capital of Santa Cruz, California, and the second largest city in the county. The city is obscured by the fact that it is considered one of the most remote and remote municipalities in Mexico, with a population of just over 1,000 people. It was designated as a census site and has the highest percentage of people under 18 in California.
The shrine is dedicated to Nuestro Santo Domingo, the Guatemalan depiction of the crucified Christ who landed in northern New Mexico. No one knows exactly how, but he spent eight years in the desert and crossed southern New Mexico until he found his way back to Mexico in 1836. It is a traditional mission - style architecture that integrates elements of both the traditional mission style and the modern mission revival style of architecture.
Under the leadership of Governor De Vargas, the settlers and priests returned in 1836 and arrived after the foundation of Santa Cruz. After a difficult first decade, they developed a stable community and served as a model for the establishment of other mission communities in New Mexico and other parts of Mexico. Only 3oo years later it became part of the city and within the city limits and returned to its original location after a few more years.
They were the second villa built by the Spanish in New Mexico, the first in Santa Fe and one of only three during the colonial era. After the new villas were built in Santa Fe, Albuquerque became the largest city in the state and served as the capital of New Mexico until the seat of government was moved there in 1610. It was the third of the three new villages in the city of Santa Cruz and the only one built after the two original ones. In 1836, Santafe became the "capital of New Mexico" under the leadership of Governor De Vargas and his wife Maria de los Angeles de la Cruz.
Only Santa Cruz is still one of the oldest villages in New Mexico and the only one in the state with more than 100,000 inhabitants.
The Catholic Church of Santa Cruz, probably built in 1733 or shortly after, is the largest and considered the best mission church in New Mexico.
Villa de Branciforte was founded in the area known today as East Santa Cruz, founded and founded by the Spanish. It is one of many railway towns that emerged in the early 19th century in New Mexico along the Rio Grande. To protect their territory and to protect themselves from the advances of the US and Mexican armies, they developed a strategy of settling in a small number of towns east and west of the Espanola River. The "Santa Cruz Holy Cross," as it was called, was first erected at the southern end of this suburb, E Spanola, which was the first of a series of cities founded under the leadership of Spanish settlers in this part of Mexico and in the state of New York.
A few years after Vargas "reconquest, most of the Tanos moved to the Santa Cruz Valley, where they took over the fields abandoned by the Spanish settlers. Many of these lands were recaptured for the San Lazaro and San Cristobal, who had migrated to Santa Cruz after the Spanish revolt withdrew from the Galisteo basin.
The Mexican-American War ended with the signing of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848. On September 9, 1850, the United States approved the purchase of land in the Santa Cruz Valley by the US government. The Spanish regained control of the area and created the Taos Pueblo, a settlement of about 1,000 inhabitants, as well as the villages of San Lazaro and San Cristobal. In 1852, two Tanos tribes from the Galisteo Basin, led by T. Albuquerque and his brother-in-law San Jose, revolted, killing about 3,500 strung-up settlers, while the rest were driven south.
In 1850, California became a state and Santa Cruz County was founded as one of twenty - seven original counties. It was originally founded as a mission of the same name, founded by the Spaniards on 23 January 1762 under the command of Francisco de la Torre, the first governor of California.
The intention was to establish a "Spanish citizen" to help preserve New Mexico as part of the Spanish Empire. The second reason was that the old Mexican government, having formed a new one, the Chan of Santa Cruz, had to secure its sovereignty, and the best way to do so was to turn to the army.
The Spanish government developed an aggressive policy against the indigenous nomadic tribes in 1778, when Juan Bautista de Anza was appointed governor of New Mexico. He believed that the only way to defeat them was to take on the Comanche and their leader Cuerno Verde. With the support of the Anglo-American merchants in Santa Fe, he defeated them in the Battle of Santa Cruz.